PIKITUP STREAMLINES THE COLLECTION OF BULKY WASTE SERVICE
Following overwhelming responses from Joburg residents with requests for Pikitup Depots to collect their bulk waste items -the service is now going to be streamlined in order to ensure that collection is done in a coordinated manner and does not interrupt other services provided by the Depots. Residents are therefore urged to follow the guidelines and collection schedule noted below, so that they can get rid of their unwanted bulk waste items quickly, easily and legally in order to curb illegal dumping. It is important to note that this service is still offered free of charge.
Guidelines to request the service:
- To request the bulky waste collection service, please log on to: pikitup.co.za or contact the Pikitup Depots directly on the numbers listed below.
When do Collections take place?
Bulky waste can include, but are not limited to:
- Carpet (Roll carpet into a bundle 4 feet long by 2 feet in diameter and tie it with rope);
- Appliances that do not have refrigerants in them, like dishwashers and washing machines;
- Items which are too big to fit into a 240 Litre Bin.
- Some items cannot be collected by Pikitup. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Hazardous, flammable or explosive materials;
- Auto parts and tyres;
- Refrigerated appliances (refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, heat pumps, water coolers and air conditioners);
- Garden waste, trees/branches and tree stumps;
- Soil, animal faeces, and dead animals.
- If you are unsure about which items are accepted, kindly contact your nearest Depot for further assistance.
For all other service related queries please contact the Pikitup Call Centre via Joburg Connect on 0860 JOBURG/ 0860 562874.